Executive Coach, Personal Development Coach
I founded Heather Stark Coaching to work with executives and entrepreneurs at an inflection point in their personal or professional life. My experience in the corporate world helping leaders lead organizations through change as well as my own journey has helped to shape my approach to coaching. My goal is to help individuals determine their personal and professional priorities, make a plan to deal with external and very importantly internal roadblocks and reach their maximum potential. As a mother of 3 boys I have faced many of the challenges that the woman of tellent are facing. I am ambitious and it is very important to me to have a rewarding career while still finding time for my family. It is difficult to strike the right balance, but I believe that I have valuable expertise to share with the woman of tellent to help them navigate this journey.
The coaching process may focus on but is not limited to:
• Identifying and developing strengths for increased power in client’s personal and professional life
• Developing practices and strategies to become a more effective leader
• Improving effectiveness and efficiency by unlocking untapped decision-making resulting in more effective and successful actions
• Setting goals to master and excel at current role
• Developing team management techniques including how to set actionable goals for self and team
• Getting ‘unstuck’ by overcoming blocks and blind spots allowing forward movement to reach goals
• Helping with motivation and organization and others
• Increasing accountability and productivity using interactive goal setting and follow-up
• Developing strategies to help with more effective communication in personal and professional situations
• Developing the ability to identify and foster creativity in self and others
• Achieving work-life harmony through stress management and time management techniques
• Increasing confidence & personal power
In addition to language, coaching uses the body and emotions as access and leverage points. The aim is to have the client shift the way they see and thus their ability to act.
Entering into a coaching relationship requires a willingness to step beyond familiar and comfortable ways of being. I support and guide clients through this process, but the process and the results belong to the client.
As a Coach, I am committed to clarifying and responding to the client’s agenda, goals and needs rather than imposing an agenda of my own. I will encourage self-discovery and elicit solutions and strategies generated by the client.
Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology from the University of Manitoba
Certified Strengths Profile Practitioner
Certified Power Profile Practioner
Heather is a Certified Professional Coach with The World Coach Institute and a member of the International Coaches Federation.