Project-based Freelance Book & Manuscript Editor
Dec 14th, 2017
We are currently looking for freelance fiction and nonfiction editors to join our creative team.
One Lit Place is a full-service writing program and online hub offering writing courses and seminars, writer services, and a private online community.
Our editors provide individual writer services to clients ranging from manuscript consultation and early-stage coaching/mentorship to developmental feedback to substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading.
Additional services may be requested from our clients, depending on the project or author, and may include:
- Coaching or additional support
- Social media support
- Writing or editing additional documents such as cover letters or book proposals
- Blogs, or website content
- Minimum eight (8) years experience working on fiction and/or nonfiction manuscripts, business documentation, and/or academic manuscripts of varying levels of author competency
- Comfortable working with writers of all levels and abilities
- Able to work closely with the writer to balance needs and goals and manage expectations against the overall scope of the project and budgetary requests to ensure the work is of high literary merit
- Comfortable with performing all levels of edit, from significant rewrites in the voice and style of the project to light copyediting or proofreading
- Able to meet deadlines as pre-determined between editor and client and maintain warm and professional demeanor throughout the project work
- Knowledgeable of all grammar, syntax and punctuation rules
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word and “Review” or “Track Changes” and working virtually with One Lit Place and the writer via team correspondence platform
Rate: $47-$52/hr. CDN
To apply: For more information, or to apply with a letter and CV, please contact Jenna Kalinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org