Part-time Elementary School Writing Teacher
Dec 18th, 2018
Grade 3 – 7 ( 1+ Years Experience )
Toronto (Woodbine & Danforth near Woodbine subway station)
We believe in inspiring each child to thrive and succeed. By joining our team, you will have an opportunity to deliver a personal learning approach in our unique program. Are you a passionate and dedicated to teacher? Would you like to enhance your teaching career by working in a creative and fun learning environment? Do you find equipping students with the tools they need rewarding? Apply today!
Our tutoring center needs a Writing Teacher, to teach a small group of kids ages 8-13 the process of writing. The ideal candidate will have a strong background of English Literacy and experience teaching struggling literacy learners, while also successfully handling their classroom obligations.
We’re looking for a Teacher who has previously taught the process of writing. The successful candidate will possess a keen understanding for the needs of the struggling literacy learner concerning writing skills. We’re looking for a dedicated professional who wants to provide students with exemplary, elementary writing skills. The candidate will deliver engaging writing lessons to students at all levels, while promoting creativity and enthusiasm.
responsibilities and duties:
- Teach small groups the process of writing
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional material that facilitates active learning
- Assign, correct and grade homework assignments, classroom work, tests and quizzes
- Issue progress reports, and provide appropriate feedback on work
- Use relevant support to provide differentiated instruction to each student
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students
- Maintain a safe, positive and engaging learning environment
- Participate in parent- teacher meetings and communication
Qualifications and skills:
- B.A/B.S degree from an accredited institution related to the field of teaching
- Bachelors in Education
- Current Vulnerable Sector Report
- 1+ years Elementary teaching
- Experience teaching the process of writing
- Ability to build rapport with elementary school-age students
- Excellent communication ,writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated record of helping struggling learners achieve high scores
- Examples of successful creative literacy units in their portfolio
- Energetic and fun!
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to the attention of the hiring manager. Info@classinsession.ca