Remote Freelancers needed for Described Video Script Writing Projects (training provided)
Jun 11th, 2019
This is a remote and project based freelance contract. We are looking for individuals who can commit to a minimum of 20 hours of work per week with availability to take on regular schedules working to broadcast deadlines.
Lakeshore Media Services (LMS) are a leading provider of Described Video (DV) for the Canadian film and television market. Our commitment to a high-quality standard is at the heart of what we do. Making media fully accessible for blind and partially sighted audiences and providing an enriched and enjoyable viewing experience for all ages, is our central purpose.
We are currently seeking freelance writers to produce DV scripts, which are narration tracks for the blind and partially sighted. You will be painting pictures, creatively and objectively, through your words in place of images, conveying actions, setting and facial expressions that a sighted viewer would see on screen. If you are a stickler for grammar and / or are a writer, marketer, journalist, English teacher or teacher from the Arts… we would love to hear from you.
If you have a strong communication and writing skill set, please apply. We will train you on best practice guidelines for description, style, and formatting. It’s in our best interest to set you up for success and support you in this role. If you want meaningful and fulfilling work, this is the role for you.
- Write post production described video scripts for a variety of media projects including movies, documentaries, sitcoms, dramas, reality TV, children’s programming and webisodes.
- Ensure that your scripts provide accurate, factual, rich and creative narrative that paint a strong visual picture for target audiences.
- Follow best practice guidelines to meet and retain high quality standards with regards description, style, formatting and production process.
- Ability to meet tight broadcast deadlines.
- Strong writing and proofreading capabilities. Attention to detail, consistency, and efficiency are key requirements for this role. Training on DV best practices will be provided.
- DV writing experience is a bonus!
- A keen eye and ability to recognize the key elements within a show or movie that are important to convey to blind and visually impaired audiences.
- Commitment to quality, trustworthy and reliable.
Lakeshore Media Services (LMS) is a leading provider of Described Video (DV) for the Canadian film and television market. Over the past 10 years we have produced thousands of hours of DV for blind and visually impaired audiences across a range of genres including movies, documentaries, sitcoms, dramas, reality TV, children’s programming and webisodes.
At LMS we believe in trusting our contractors. We care that you meet your deadlines with your best work, every time. We trust you to know how, where and when your best work happens and that you have the self-discipline to make those decisions for yourself.
We understand this because we live it. LMS is run by Joanne. A mom who appreciates the need for balance and the ability to have control over your work schedule. LMS is committed to making sure their contractors feel, valued and productive, while still having enough quality time to devote to family. You can do your best work here. You can do meaningful work here.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your cover letter what attracted you to this freelance position. What are you hoping to get out of this role?