Business Development Director – tellent
Jun 09th, 2017
Wanted: Business Development Director
Passionate about Sales, Start Ups and Flexible Work
What does your version of success look like? Does it involve working for a cause that will impact future generations of women in the workforce?
Does it involve passionately pursuing your career ambitions as well as living your life?
I am looking for a Business Development Director to help me take tellent to the next level.
If you are driven, have an entrepreneurial spirit and believe in bringing gender equality into the workplace, tellent could be your next home.
tellent is a startup dedicated to keeping women engaged in the traditional workforce and inspired to lead through access to flexible work. We want to see more women in the C-Suite and on the Boards of our Canadian companies. We want less discrimination and bias and more equality in the workplace.
Ultimately, our objective is to directly impact the number of women in the leadership pipeline. We are specifically focused on professional and educated women who are downsizing their aspirations or leaving the workforce because they feel unable to successfully pursue both career and life ambitions. Typically this is at the Manager / Senior Manager level with 7 + years of experience.
Our strategy is to work with Global companies across Canada to communicate their benefits, develop flexible work opportunities and to position their organization as the employer of choice for diverse (female) candidates.
Our members are women. They are mothers, carers, Olympians, travellers and individuals who would like to define their own version of success outside of the traditional 9am – 5pm office.
In order to bring this start up to the next level, I would like to find a sales maverick, as passionate about the cause as we are. I am looking for a leader and self-starter.
We set our own hours at tellent and do what needs to be done to achieve our goals.
What you will be doing
- With the co-founder, develop and lead a strategic sales and revenue strategy.
- Responsible for driving revenue targets.
- Be a resource to clients and potential clients – be helpful and solutions oriented.
- Proactively identify and seek out prospect, client and industry relationships to optimize revenue.
- Sell solutions and ideas at multiple levels but primarily targeting Mid-Large sized companies.
- Manage pipeline, revenue forecasts & sales activity
- Work with management teams to bring market feedback back in order to drive improvements in our services, messaging and positioning.
Desired skills for the role – Dedication, Passion & Energy
- The desire to make a difference
- Willingness to learn everyday
- Be comfortable with change as we pivot and then pivot again
- The ability to inspire!
- Be helpful first, and then sell – you will be a consultant giving people real advice and help.
- Solutions orientated
- Identify and connect to the right people
- Great negotiation skills
- Proven track record of sales experience.
What is in it for you
- Make your own hours. What does your version of success look like? We are after a minimum commitment of 60% work-week. This could be your side hustle!
- Equity + commission + bonus based on performance
Not only do women have the skills needed to lead successfully in this competitive knowledge economy, but the timing is right. tellent exists at the intersection of three massive shifts human resource management.
We have identified an opportunity gap, a problem for both corporate organizations and for women, and are proposing the solution through tellent. This is the only organization of its kind in Canada. Other markets are operating similar services successfully overseas and have received funding over the past couple of years.
If you are interested, please contact me at Jennifer@wearetellent.com with a covering letter outlining your experience, passion and version of success along with your resume.